Best Local Concrete Companies Near Me: Here’s Everything You Need to Know before You Hire One
Concrete has been around for thousands of years already. The earliest records of humans using concrete dates back to around thousands of years ago; meaning it is not a recent discovery or invention. It has only been widely used since the 1800s, though. But still, no one can argue against how long concrete has been in use. It’s still widely used, meaning that it has to be a good material. This is why it’s a popular option.
Portland manufacturing was patented in 1824 while the invention of reinforced concrete was done in 1849. Concrete has been used in constructing a bridge in 1889 and in 1936 the Hoover Dam has been constructed using reinforced concrete as well.
What is Concrete?
Concrete is a mixture of aggregate bonded with liquid cement. Portland cement is the most popular type of cement, which is lime-based. There are also other types of cement such as calcium aluminate cement or calcium silicate cement.
There are basically two kind of cement – hydraulic and non-hydraulic. The hydraulic cement type sets even with presence of water.
Types of Concrete
There are various types of concrete. The type of concrete used in construction will depend on its purpose. Thus, each type has specific functions and characteristics that make them perfect for certain uses.
- Regular concrete
Regular concrete is as the name implies. It is the most common type of concrete, which is produced when mixing cement, aggregate and water. This type of mixture is often found on concrete mix bags. Instructions on how to mix cement, aggregate and water are also included on the packaging, which makes it a common choice for do-it-yourself projects.
Sand is the most common aggregate used in creating regular concrete. Dry stone can also be used to make the concrete mixture stronger, which can withstand more pressure. Regular concrete can withstand 1,450 psi to 5,800 psi. That is equivalent to 10 MPa and 40 MPa respectively.
- High-strength concrete
High-strength concrete is a type of concrete made with reduced water to cement ratio. The water content of the mixture is decreased to make the mixture thicker, which makes the hardened concrete stronger. This creates a stronger concrete mixture, which has a compressive strength of more than 40 MPa.
Since the water content is reduced, superplasticizers are used to make the concrete mixture more workable. This enables concrete companies near me to use high-strength concrete in structures where dense rebar cages are used.
Stamped concrete is often seen in residential driveways. It is a type of concrete that had been molded onto the surface to replicate certain finishes such as bricks or stone. It is often used due to its aesthetics since it can easily replace pricier genuine flooring options.
Pigments are also used to make stamped concrete more appealing. The color is mixed with the concrete mixture, preventing the hardened mixture to lose color over time.
- High-performance concrete
High-performance concrete is another concrete type that is above regular concrete. It is easier to install than high-strength concrete but it is not always as strong.
All high-strength concrete is high-performance concrete but it is not the same for high-performance concrete. Not all high-performance concrete falls into the high-strength category since they are not all strong. The ease of installation, lifespan, density and permeability make it high-performance, though it does not always have the strength of high-strength concrete.
- Ultra-high performance concrete
Ultra-high performance concrete is as the name implies. It is super strong and has a compressive strength of 150 MPa. It can even exceed 250 MPa.
Its main use is for infrastructure protection and it is still being researched as of now. The strength and characteristics of this type of concrete is still being proven and improved by several universities and companies around the globe.
- Micro-reinforced ultra-high performance concrete
Micro-reinforced ultra-high performance concrete is another form of ultra-high performance concrete. It is more resistant to chemicals and can absorb energy better than its predecessor. It is also more ductile, making it a better choice for structures that undergo tensile stress.
One of the most prominent structures that use this concrete type is the new World Trade Center due to its resistance to earthquake and blast.
- Self-consolidating concrete
Self-consolidating concrete, originally called self-compacting concrete in Japan, is a high-strength concrete used in delicate formworks that require workability and strength. Since strong types of concrete have lower amounts of water, they are less workable. This makes it hard for construction companies to use stronger concrete mixtures for frames that are too intricate in design. And since thinner concrete mixtures would not be able to hold pressure, self-consolidating concrete was introduced.
This type of concrete does not require compacting tools to gain more compressive strength. With the help of plasticizers, the workability of concrete is improved while its strength is maintained.
- Vacuum concrete
Vacuum concrete uses steam to vacuum out the air in the concrete mixer. Condensed steam will turn into water, which will put pressure onto the concrete mix, which will help release the air from the concrete mixture.
This makes the mixture stronger since there is lesser amount of air in the concrete mixture. Its strength is increased by 25%, which makes it a better choice for structures. It also hardens faster, making it possible for factories to use lesser number of frames for the same amount of output.
Airtight containers, however, should always be used in mixing this type of concrete. This requires companies to use special concrete mixers or containers to ensure that the concrete will not absorb air after it has been vacuumed.
Shotcrete uses air to shoot the mixture into frames. It is often used in vertical structures and in ceilings due to its method of application. Since formwork is not needed, concrete application and structure becomes easier.
Dams, bridges and pools are often constructed using shotcrete since these structures often require formworks. Dry shotcrete mix uses dry mixture of cement and aggregate and water is added as the mixture is being compressed outside through a nozzle. Wet shotcrete mixture is pre-mixed with water and is shot using compressed air.
Lime is used instead of cement in limecrete. Since lime is burnt in lower temperatures, making it an eco-friendly option, interest in using it again increased. It is also more health-friendly compared to standard cement used in modern concrete, making it an ideal choice for a lot of structures.
Limecrete is easier to clean than regular concrete. This makes it possible for other construction materials to be recycled for other purposes when the latter has been reclaimed from limecrete structures. This saves a lot of funds as well as natural resources, making it an economical choice for modern structures.
- Pervious concrete
Pervious concrete is as the name implies. It allows water to pass through the concrete to allow water to get back to the ground. It is often used in floors where water need to pass.
Large aggregate is used and a small amount of cement mixture is added to allow the concrete slab to allow water to pass through. Pervious concrete needs to be covered with poly plastic to allow it to cure and dry properly.
- Cellular concrete
Cellular concrete is a type of concrete produced by mixing cement mixture with cork or clay aggregate. This makes concrete structure to be more workable and softer to the touch.
Nailing on cellular concrete is possible, making it an ideal choice for structures where additional work or features are needed such as wall panels, roof insulation and floors.
- Cork-cement concrete
Cork-cement concrete uses cork waste as aggregate. It is lighter and has lesser density, making it ideal for specific uses.
It is better at absorbing energy compare to standard concrete but does not conduct heat really well, making it a good option for insulation.
- Roller-compacted concrete
Roller-compacted concrete is most commonly used in paving roads. Since it is compacted using rollers, it is quite dense. It can withstand great pressure, making it a common choice for roads, dams and other structures that require dense concrete mixture.
The curing time for rollcrete is gradual. Due to its dense nature, the fluid in the mixture will not easily dry out. This is not an issue, though, since its advantages outweigh the length of drying time.
- Glass concrete
Glass concrete is made with glass aggregates. Aside from its aesthetic appeal, glass concrete is used due to its insulation properties. It also shows better strength in long-term use, which makes it an ideal option for structures built for longer lifespan.
It is becoming a popular option due to its abilities, which have been established in recent studies.
- Asphalt concrete
Asphalt concrete is often used on infrastructure. Bitumen has replaced cement, making the mixture more adhesive.
Asphalt cement is also used in flat roofs due to its adhesive properties. It can be heated to make it mixable. Solvents and water can also be used to make asphalt cement workable.
- Rapid strength concrete
Rapid strength concrete is often used in road repairs since it can harden in just a few hours. It is strong and can withstand a lot of pressure even if it hardens in just a short while, making it an ideal option for infrastructures.
Structures that also need to be fully operational in just a short while also use this type of concrete to allow the structure to be used immediately.
- Rubberized concrete
Rubberized concrete is as the name implies. It is made from rubberized asphalt cement and recycled tires and is often used in roads. Since the crumb rubber used is made from waste, it is a good option for a more environmental friendly concrete type.
Rubberized concrete made from Portland cement is still not in production as it is still being researched. The research started in 2009 until now.
- Polymer concrete
Polymer concrete is a more expensive type of concrete. Cement is replaced with polymer as the main binder of aggregate, which makes the mixture more expensive.
This type of concrete can achieve compressive strength of 5,000 psi when dried in less than 4 hours. This makes it a very good option for structures that require a very strong type of concrete in just a matter of hours.
- Geopolymer concrete
Geopolymer concrete is a great alternative for regular cement. It uses recycled materials, which makes it a more environmental-friendly option. It is also more resistant to chemicals as well as heat.
Manufacturing of this type of concrete produces lesser carbon dioxide of up to 80%, making it a good choice when it comes to environment conservation.
- Refractory cement
Refractory cement is made from materials that can withstand heat better than ordinary Portland cement. Made from calcium aluminate, fire clay, ganister and aluminum, this concrete type is used in building brick ovens.
Whether fueled with wood, natural gas or electricity, this type of cement can withstand extreme heat. This makes it a primary option for masonry ovens that manufacture or cook bricks and even food nowadays.
- Gypsum concrete
Gypsum concrete is a mixture of Portland cement, gypsum and sand. It is often used in residential house construction due to its fire resistance capabilities.
Gypsum concrete is also lightweight, making it an ideal concrete type for flooring underlayment. Its strength is comparable to regular concrete, making it a good option for various applications.
Knowing different types of concrete allow property owners to determine which concrete types will best suit their needs. Since some types of concrete can be used interchangeably, learning more about these will allow for more options to be available to property owners and contractors.
The varying prices of concrete types will also play a big part in choosing the most ideal option for certain projects. Hence, determining which types will go best for different purposes is advantageous.
Services Offered by Concrete Companies Near Me
Concrete companies offer various services to provide assistance to clients with various concrete needs.
- Concrete pouring and layingConcrete pouring and laying is one of the most common services offered by concrete companies. The purpose of the structure will determine the method of concrete pouring; hence, planning of concrete experts is needed prior to execution.
Professional concrete companies determine the type of structure to be built as well as its main purpose. Types of concrete and application methods are considered and suggested to the client. After discussion, the plan is created and finalized to allow workers to prep the area for pouring and laying of concrete. Safety measures are followed to ensure that all workers are protected and the structure is being built without hassle.
Concrete pouring and laying costs will depend on various factors. The size and type of structure are two of the main factors concrete experts consider. The types of concrete to be used as well as the equipment needed for the pouring and laying are also determined. The number of workers should also be noted to enable companies to determine how much the project would cost. Commercial and residential projects are priced differently due to the differences in building codes and various pouring and laying requirements.
- Concrete texturingConcrete texturing is another service offered by concrete companies that both residential and commercial clients find useful. Concrete texturing is not only for aesthetics but is also used in other applications such as tile installation.
The concrete base needs to be textured in order for the tiles to adhere to the surface. If the frame is already built, a new layer of concrete should be applied and textured to allow the tiles or stone to stick properly. For newly built concrete walls, floors and overhead structures, the outermost layer of the concrete is textured by professionals for easy tile application.
- Concrete floor stainingConcrete staining is the process of adding color to concrete. Usually done on concrete floors, the process of staining concrete is done while the concrete dries. Wet concrete can also be stained but it is usually done to incorporate the color to the concrete mixture.
Professional concrete contractors prep the area by cleaning the concrete and sprinkling it with wet acid solution. This will prepare the concrete and make it clean enough for staining. The staining process will take a couple of days since the drying time between coats lasts for about 24 hours. This requires for the furniture and appliances on the area to be placed somewhere else until the floor is ready for use. Moving stuff to other rooms can also be done by professional workers, making the work more convenient for clients.
- Concrete sealingConcrete sealing protects concrete structures from water and other fluids that can seep into the concrete and cause deterioration and staining. Different types of sealants are used for specific purposes.
Penetrating sealers, as the name implies, penetrates on the concrete to protect it from moisture. This type of sealant is often used in exterior concrete with matte finish. Acrylic sealants, on the other hand, add protection by adding a film on the surface of the concrete.
It is applicable to both interior and exterior concrete applications. Polyurethane sealant is almost the same as acrylic but the former is more durable and is applicable to areas with high traffic. Epoxies are used on concrete floors that are subject to high traffic. It is applicable to exterior structures as it can also provide protection against UV rays.
- Concrete stampingConcrete stamping is the process of using molds to create a visual effect on the concrete tab. This process is often offered by concrete flooring companies as stamped concrete is often used in driveways.
Concrete staining is almost always included in this type of service to add beauty and effect to the structure. The stains imitate the color of bricks or genuine rocks to make a driveway look more appealing without spending money on genuine brick or stone, which will be quite expensive.
- Concrete paintingConcrete painting is another service offered by concrete companies. Paint can be applied to smooth and even on rough concrete surfaces. The texture of the concrete and the color of the paint to be applied on the surface will depend on the goal of the property owner and the contractor.
Professional painters make sure to fix holes and imperfections on the concrete surface if the surface needs to be smooth. Primer is applied to ensure that the paint will adhere properly to the surface until proper type of paint is applied. High quality latex acrylic paint can be used. Epoxy paint can also be used but is often chosen for exterior concrete as this is more durable and can withstand abuse more.
- Concrete basement installationConcrete basement installation is not an easy task. Hence, only professional concrete workers should be hired to do this kind of work. This will prevent cracks and other problems on the installed concrete, especially ones that are often subject to excess water and moisture.
From the floor to the walls, everything should be planned properly to ensure that the concrete is poured properly and will not have unnecessary break points. The concrete should be poured continuously to guarantee that the strength of the structure is solid. Concrete experts will plan the installation of the basement to ensure that it will not be prone to cracks, holes and other problems that concrete basements often encounter.
- Concrete road pavingConcrete road paving can be done using various concrete types and through multiple ways. One of the most common types of concrete used in road paving is asphalt concrete. Bitumen replaces regular cement, making the installation cheaper and easier.
Rapid strength concrete is also used in road paving as this type of concrete can be used within just a short period of time. It is a durable and strong type of cement that contractors use for road projects that need to be used after just a short while.
Polymer concrete can also be used but it is more expensive. Since this type of concrete can be used after just 4 hours, it is a viable option for quick projects. But, since it is more expensive than other options, it is not often used in a lot of road paving projects.
- Concrete swimming pool installationConcrete swimming pool installation is meticulously planned by concrete experts. The right type of concrete should be used to ensure that the pool will not leak. Proper application should also be considered to ensure that the pool will be built using minimal effort, expenses and workforce.
Shotcrete is often used in concrete swimming pools because this type of concrete can be applied using pressure. The concrete can be installed onto the formwork without much trouble, allowing concrete companies to use minimal effort, equipment and workforce on the project.
The concrete applied onto the formwork is also compacted through the pressure on the nozzle of the concrete applicator. This allows the concrete to keep the water from seeping through the swimming pool walls.
- Concrete furniture makingConcrete furniture making involves various types of concrete. Concrete mixes that are easy to handle are often the choice of concrete experts as these are more workable. Concrete that is mixed with very little amount of water is not workable since it is too thick. Concrete experts either put additional water on the mixture or use plasticizers to make the concrete mix more workable.
Various methods are also used by concrete companies to make the concrete adhere to the formwork. Stains, sealants and paints are also applied to make the concrete furniture pieces look more appealing. These coats also add protection to the finished concrete furniture, making the latter last longer.
- Laying concrete paversLaying concrete pavers is another service that concrete companies often offer. Aside from planning the application process and doing a sketch on how the driveway will look like, prepping of the area is also done by concrete companies.
Patios and decks can also be covered with concrete pavers. Landscapes are also parts that can be installed with concrete pavers in residential homes. Commercial establishments are also covered with concrete pavers for appealing and durable yet inexpensive flooring option.
- Concrete wall installation or repairConcrete wall installation is no easy task. It takes a lot of planning to be able to ensure that the wall is level and does not have imperfections that will affect its appearance and function. The integrity of a concrete wall lies on its installation and repair. Hence, it is only reasonable that property owners hire only concrete professionals to ensure that the walls are installed properly.
Proper types of concrete are used for different purposes to ensure that these walls will last long. Appropriate concrete types are also used by concrete experts to guarantee that the wall will retain its integrity and will last for a very long time.
- Concrete polishingConcrete polishing is often done on concrete floors that have been sealed or stained. This type of service should be done regularly, especially on concrete floors that are being used on a regular basis. It does not only make concrete floors look new and shiny again but also makes the floors look cleaner.
Polishing concrete floors will require tools used only by professionals; hence, this service is not done through DIY projects. Since the polishing machine will cost a lot, it is better to hire a professional concrete polisher than to spend money on purchasing equipment that is not used on a regular basis.
- Stamped concrete patio installationStamped concrete patio installation takes a few days to do. Even if the stamping will not take a very long time, the curing and drying time of the concrete will consume some time. Due to this reason, property owners should plan this type of project in advance.
Professional concrete companies will need to have the patio area closed while the concrete is being poured, stamped, stained, sealed and dried. This means that other access to the house should be opened while the entry is inaccessible, especially if the patio is one of the areas where one of the exterior doors is located.
- Concrete floor installation or repairConcrete floor installation involves prepping of the work area as well as cleaning of the project area after the concrete has been installed or repaired. Depending on the type of service concrete companies are providing, the time of the project will vary. Concrete installation will take at least a couple of hours to finish, which is for smaller areas. Larger areas might take a day or two for the concrete mix to be poured.
Curing time of the concrete floor should also be considered. Concrete experts will provide a definite time when the floor can be used. Unless rapid strength concrete is used, the mixture will need at least 28 days to cure.
Repairs on concrete floors can be done immediately and the floor can be used just a couple of hours after the concrete has dried. This is applicable, though, to smaller sections. Large repairs need proper time to cure to avoid making the repaired concrete crack again.
- Concrete step installation and repairConcrete step installation needs proper equipment to accomplish. Concrete steps that are hanging and do not have a lot of support should be reinforced with more rebar mesh to ensure that it will not crack and get broken. This is especially true for steps that are used on public areas.
The height of the steps as well as the length of the tread should be measured properly to ensure that it is comfortable to use. There are specific requirements for certain types of steps to ensure that the users will be safe. Concrete professionals make sure to follow these to guarantee the safety of their clients. This makes hiring only professionals a must when it comes to installing and repairing concrete steps.
- Concrete sawingConcrete sawing is not done on all types of concrete. Cork concrete is often used in this type of project since the aggregate used is soft enough. Using softer and lighter aggregate also prevents the concrete blocks or slabs from cracking while being sawed. This requires a lot of skill, experience and knowledge to accomplish.
Concrete professionals inspect the concrete first to ensure that it is appropriate for sawing. Proper tools are also used to ensure that the size and type of equipment used is appropriate for the type and size of concrete to be sawed. Safety measures are also followed to ensure that the workers as well as the other individuals on site will not be harmed during this process. Since concrete can snap and crack, it is important to ensure the safety of all parties involved prior to the start of the project.
- Concrete cutting servicesConcrete cutting is done only by professionals. This is especially true for commercial or industrial-grade concrete that is used on certain structures. A cutting saw that is made for concrete cutting has diamond blades to ensure that it can cut through hard surfaces such as concrete, bricks and stone.
Skilled workers should only handle this type of project since the saw used is quite sharp and can cause serious and even fatal injuries to its victim. Concrete blocks and concrete paving slabs are often cut, which are quite thick. This makes it harder for unskilled workers to do this type of work, requiring only professionals to do it. This requires property owners and project managers to ensure that they are hiring highly skilled and experienced workers in handling this kind of work.
- Concrete demolitionConcrete demolition is not as easy as it seems. This is particularly true if the concrete structure if relatively big. Proper demolition of the structure should be planned and executed. Nearby structures should not be harmed, especially if the part that should be demolished is really close to the areas that should not be affected by the demolition.
Proper disposal of the demolished concrete should also be planned to ensure that it will not cause trouble to the community and environment. Demolishing concrete structures on residential areas can be problematic, especially if the houses are close to one another. The dust from the concrete should not reach the other properties, requiring additional safety measures to be followed to prevent contamination of concrete dust. Safety measures should also be monitored and followed to guarantee that accidents will not occur, especially on areas where residents and commercial establishment customers are nearby.
- Concrete core drillingConcrete core drilling is a delicate project as it requires concrete professionals to drill a hole at the core of a concrete structure without causing damage to the outer layers of the concrete block. Thicker blocks can be worked on pretty easily since chances of the block cracking or breaking will be relatively smaller compared to thinner concrete structures.
The type of concrete used in building the structure also affects the level of ease of the project. Softer types of concrete will be easier to drill since they won’t just snap or crack. More solid ones will either be too hard to drill or will have the possibility to crack since it cannot bend. Considering the types of concrete that were used in building the structures that need to be drilled is one of the things that professional concrete drillers are good at. This makes it better to hire the pros instead of property owners trying to accomplish the task through do-it-yourself.
- Concrete driveway resurfacingConcrete driveway resurfacing is cheaper than concrete replacement. The surface of the concrete driveway is the only layer that is removed to allow for a fresh layer of concrete to be installed. Since the fresh concrete layer is thinner, it will cost less than having the entire concrete driveway demolished and replaced with a new one.
The concrete driveway will also be sealed and re-stained. This is to ensure that the new concrete driveway layer will be protected from stains, cracks and water penetration. Some driveway owners might decide to add design and style to the new surface of the driveway, which is an additional service offered by concrete driveway resurfacing professionals.
- Concrete slab pouringConcrete slab pouring does not only involve pouring of concrete on a certain spot. It involves excavating the area where the concrete slab should be poured. The thickness of the slab should be established beforehand to determine the amount of supplies needed for the project. The type of equipment needed to prepare the area and pour the concrete mix will also be decided when the size of the area and thickness of the concrete slab are decided prior to starting the project.
The type of concrete to be used will be decided by the concrete company to ensure that it will be appropriate for its purpose. Concrete slabs that are used in commercial establishments and infrastructures need to be thicker. Concrete slabs on residential houses can be thinner but the purpose of the slab will still determine how thin the concrete slab can be.
If the slab will be subjected to use and abuse on a regular basis or if it will carry a lot of weight, it will be made thicker by the professional installers. Higher quality cement might also be used to ensure that the concrete slab will not fail.
- Concrete driveway installationConcrete driveways often take 1 to 3 days for it to be installed on residential areas. But, the actual curing time of concrete driveways take around at least 30 days to complete. The temperature should not drop below 35 degrees during this curing time to help keep the concrete driveway last longer.
Concrete driveways should not be less than 4 inches thick. Thicker ones are installed on driveways that have a heavier load to bear. Professionals determine the thickness of the concrete driveway based on the load weight as well as the location of the driveway. Driveways that are installed on softer types of soil need to be thicker. Rebar might also be needed to ensure that the driveway will not crack or get damaged in the long run.
- Concrete driveway repairConcrete driveway repair is done mostly on driveways that suffer from cracks and holes. This service is selected more often than concrete driveway replacement as this is a cheaper option. Driveways that do not have a lot of damage are also often repaired instead of being replaced instantly.
Concrete professionals determine the type of concrete used in installing the concrete. Property owners are often asked about the type of concrete they have. This will make the work easier since the proper cement mixture can be used in repairing the driveway.
- Concrete countertopConcrete countertops can become one of the focal points of a kitchen or bathroom. Since concrete countertops can be stained, painted and sealed, they become more appealing. This made it possible for concrete countertops to be used on almost all types of houses and buildings.
Residential houses use concrete countertop both to add a functional area in the house and add beauty to the area where it is installed. Commercial establishments also aim for the same purposes since concrete countertops are not only durable but appealing as well.
The thickness of the concrete countertop will depend on how much it will be used on a daily basis. The types of objects that will be put on top of the counter will also determine its thickness and the type of concrete to be used in installing it.
- Concrete acid stainingConcrete acid staining is a process of applying acid on a clean concrete floor and adding neutralizer to achieve the desired look. It is a good option not only for newly installed concrete but also on older ones that need touch-ups.
Newly installed concrete flooring might be too smooth for acid staining. This requires additional work for professionals to allow the acid to penetrate the acid concrete surface. Due to this reason, it is best to have experts do the work to ensure that the process is done properly and the staining will be successful and not a waste of time, money and effort.
- Concrete cleaningConcrete cleaning is not as simple as mopping the floor. Professional concrete cleaning requires solutions and equipment that will remove stains that have been sitting on the concrete for a very long time. These kinds of stains cannot be removed by simple means. Hence, concrete cleaning experts should be called in.
Determining the type of stain on the concrete will help get rid of it in a faster manner. Determining the type of concrete that should be cleaned will also help make the work a lot easier since the right kind of cleaning solutions can be used. This will prevent harming the concrete structure and will help get rid of the stain easily.
- Sidewalk installationSidewalk installation may take a lot of time to accomplish when done by inexperienced workers. Since most sidewalks are pretty long, it will take a while to finish pouring concrete on molds. Mixing concrete mixture and ensuring that the area is well prepared for the installation will also take a bit of time and effort.
Because of this, professional sidewalk installers are hired. Concrete professionals make sure that the area where the concrete sidewalk will be installed is properly cleaned and prepped. The area where the sidewalk will be installed is also marked to guarantee that the shape and length of the sidewalk is established. Of course, the right type of concrete is also established to ensure that the sidewalk will function properly and will last for a long time.
- Concrete crack repairConcrete crack repair can either be a simple or a complicated job. The cause of the cracks on concrete will contribute to the factors affecting the type of repair the concrete needs. For superficial cracks, simple smoothening of the surface using concrete mix is needed. Cracks that are caused by earthquakes and other calamities will require more work since the integrity of the entire concrete structure should be determined prior to repairs.
Concrete experts will need to do a thorough inspection of the crack, as well as the surrounding area, to ensure that the right repair steps are followed. For bigger problems where the concrete structure’s integrity is at risk, additional repair methods, tools and supplies are used.
- Decorative concrete installationDecorative concrete installation can be done on a new project or an existing concrete slab. Stamping new concrete will create decorations that can be stained or painted. The same also goes for stamped overlays but the stamped concrete layer is added to an existing concrete slab.
Stamped concrete overlays are thinner since an existing layer of old concrete is already present. This is a more affordable approach since the old concrete slab does not need to be removed to allow for decorative concrete to be installed on the same spot.
- Concrete patchingConcrete patching can be a tricky process if the hole or crack in the concrete slab is caused by an earthquake or other disastrous causes. Since strength and integrity of the concrete slab are affected, the patch should not only address the aesthetic issue but also the structural one.
Steel bars inside the concrete slab may also begin to rust, which can cause the concrete to have holes or cracks. Patching this up will take a lot of skill and knowledge about concrete patching since it will require more delicate procedures. It is best to let professionals handle this type of task to ensure that the concrete slab will be properly repaired and patched up.
- Concrete siding installation or repairConcrete siding installation takes a while to finish since the layers need to be cured before the additional layers are applied. This will ensure that the concrete siding will adhere to the surface of the walls and the concrete will not crack or loosen as time goes by.
Concrete siding repair does not take a lot of time but it can be tricky as well. Proper application of concrete mixture should be followed to ensure that the cement will adhere to the existing concrete siding. Inspection of the inner walls is also done by concrete siding companies to ensure that there are no hidden damages in the interior walls as well as insulation. Since cracks and holes on the siding can allow moisture to penetrate the walls, proper inspection of the siding and interiors walls is done by concrete experts to allow them to do necessary steps to fix the problem and prevent it from coming back in the near future.
- Concrete levelingConcrete leveling is needed when the foundation concrete is not level. Since this is dangerous as the foundation can cause serious damage to the entire structure, the concrete foundation should be leveled once the problem is spotted.
Professional concrete contractors will use slabjacking to lift the sagging part of the concrete foundation. This will ensure that the concrete foundation will have additional support from below, which will lift it up and prevent the structure from sustaining damage. This should be professionally done since the mixture is added at the bottom of the foundation.
Special pumping equipment should be used to pump the mixture at the bottom to keep the foundation from getting damaged while the concrete is being leveled. Care should be taken to ensure that the grout mixture will not be pumped excessively on the foundation to prevent it from lifting part of the concrete too much.
- Epoxy floor coatingEpoxy floor coating is an ideal choice for old and new concrete floors that need appealing and durable coating. The concrete floor is cleaned to ensure that there are no small particles or dust that will stick to the epoxy mixture. The epoxy coating is poured onto the floor after prepping the area.
Epoxy floor coats come in different colors and property owners can choose the color and design they want. Of course, certain colors and designs will cost more as these will require more workforce, supplies and time to accomplish. This type of coating paint can protect the concrete floor from various types of stains, making it an ideal option for floors that are used in areas where fluid and stains can go into the floor.
- Concrete overlayConcrete overlay is the type of thin layer of concrete used in adding decoration to the concrete floor. This type of decorative layer is cheaper than stamped concrete since it is thinner. Existing concrete slab is needed for this, however, since it is only an overlay over existing concrete.
There are various designs available on the market. This allows property owners to choose the type of design they want. Custom designs are also available. Staining the overlay is also often done by concrete professionals to add visual appeal to the concrete overlay design.
- Concrete floor coatingConcrete floor coating is used to protect the concrete floor from moisture and stains. It is often applied on new concrete slabs but can also be applied on old ones. There are different types of concrete floor coating that property owners and contractors can choose from.
One of the most common types of concrete floor coating is acrylic. It is fairly easy to apply and does not take a very long time to dry. Epoxy coating is often used in high traffic areas since it is more durable than the other coating types.
- Concrete retaining wall installation or repairConcrete retaining wall is not easy to install since the pressure of the soil on the other part of the wall can cause the wall to get damaged over time. Professional concrete retaining wall installers ensure that the wall can hold the pressure without bulging. This is no easy feat, especially if the soil is not that hard.
Proper planning of the construction of the retaining wall is done after considering all the factors involving the project. Concrete experts make sure that the type of soil, type of concrete and design of the retaining wall will work together.
Retaining wall repair also requires adequate planning as well as accurate execution to ensure that the wall will not suddenly collapse.
- Concrete edgingConcrete edging is used on pathways, gardens and driveways to keep rocks, soil and plants from getting onto the walkway. This is also used to add appeal to landscapes. It makes gardens look more organized and neat. Depending on the purpose of the edging, the concrete thickness might differ.
Concrete edging can also be decorated with various shapes and colors. These can be stamped to make them look like bricks or stones. These can also be painted to make them be more in sync with the theme of the landscape and to make them look more appealing.
- Concrete constructionConcrete construction is used in a lot of ways. Depending on how the concrete structure is going to be used, the way it is constructed differs. Concrete slabs that are used in commercial areas are often thicker and are made from higher quality cement.
Concrete structures made for residential use are often standard and are not as thick as commercial ones. Expert concrete companies determine how concrete should be constructed based on its purpose, design and where it is going to be installed. There are concrete slabs that are used in residential houses but need to be made from high quality cement since it will be subjected to heavy use on a regular basis.
- Concrete caulkingConcrete caulking is sealing edges and joints of concrete to ensure that moisture and other elements will not get into the cracks. This is often done on edges of windows and doors since these are areas where the nearby structure is often used.
Concrete caulking is part of concrete maintenance. Hence, it should be added to the list of things that concrete experts should accomplish when inspecting and maintaining concrete structures. This is to ensure that the concrete surface will not be affected by water, moisture and other elements that can cause it to deteriorate.
- Concrete curbingConcrete curbing is used on landscapes and driveways to create a low divider. This often marks the area where people can walk and where the garden starts. It is a useful feature that can also make landscapes look neater and nicer.
Concrete curb installation does not take a lot of time, especially simple ones. Curbing that has more intricate designs will take longer to do and will also cost more to install and repair.
- Concrete roofingConcrete roofing is often installed on commercial buildings. But since concrete is a relatively affordable option, it also became an ideal option for residential houses.
Flat roofs are often constructed using concrete since it is sturdy and can withstand harsh weather conditions. It is also easier to seal since various types of flat roof coating can be applied on concrete.
- Concrete finishingConcrete finishing allows concrete structures to look neat and appealing. There are different textures available on concrete finishing, making it possible for property owners to choose the right type of finish for their project.
Smooth finishes are often used for interior walls since this type of finish is easier to paint. Exterior walls can have textured finishes to add character to the structure. Of course, this type of finish can also be used on interior walls, particularly ones that are used as one of the focal points of a room.
- Concrete fence installationConcrete fence installation is a fairly big job, especially fences that are made entirely from concrete. There are types of concrete fences that are also made with steel bars attached to the concrete base. These allow for more visual but lesser privacy.
Concrete fences are often made for security and not only for esthetics. Due to this reason, this type of fence should be made to be sturdy and long-lasting. It will guarantee that the fence will be an effective protection against intruders and wild animals.
- Concrete waterproofingConcrete waterproofing is another type of service that concrete experts offer. A coating is applied to the surface of the concrete to make it waterproof. This allows the water to be shed off the concrete surface more easily, preventing early deterioration of the concrete structure.
This is often done on concrete floors and roofs to ensure that excess moisture will not be able to affect or damage the concrete structure.
- Concrete removalConcrete removal should be done properly to avoid contamination of concrete dust. If the project is a large-scale one, professional contractors should be hired to ensure that the removed concrete is disposed properly. It should not just be disposed on a dumping site as it can cause respiratory problems to anyone who would inhale the dust.
Proper removal of concrete blocks should also be prioritized to ensure that the broken blocks cannot damage nearby establishments. This will also prevent injuries that can occur when the blocks fall onto the people working on the site.
- Concrete foundation installationConcrete foundation installation should be planned meticulously to ensure that the foundation will be able to support the entire structure. The purpose of the foundation should be determined to help concrete foundation installers determine the right type of concrete to use.
The materials that will be installed on top of the foundation should also be established first. This will ensure that the foundation will be able to handle the weight. For buildings and houses, the roof framing as well as the roofing materials should be determined to ensure that the right thickness of foundation is built.
- Concrete foundation repairConcrete foundation repair is a delicate task as it helps maintain or increase the durability of the foundation. Repairs should be done accurately to ensure that the concrete foundation will retain its integrity. This will keep the structure from collapsing, which will not only save property owners a lot of money but will also save lives.
The entirety of the foundation should be inspected and not just the surface to ensure that the entire foundation will be fixed.
- Concrete deck installationConcrete deck installation does not only involve installation of the deck flooring but also the deck foundation. The posts and joists are also included in the project, making it a big task. Due to this reason, highly skilled concrete professionals are needed for a successful deck installation.
The plan for the deck should be discussed properly to ensure that the features that will be put on the deck are included in the plan. This will help determine the actual weight that the deck will be lifting, which will allow contractors to establish the type of concrete needed for the job. The sizes of the posts and joists will also depend on the design, height and weight of the deck.
- Concrete porch installationConcrete porch installation can be hard if the porch is relatively big. Additional decorations and features will also affect the installation process of the concrete porch. Hence, proper planning and building execution are needed.
Professional concrete companies need to determine the design of the porch as well as the type of roof, railings and steps that should be included on the design. This will help them decide how the porch should be built.
- Concrete screedingConcrete screeding is a laborious task, especially if the worker is inexperienced. Leveling and smoothing the concrete surface is not an easy task, especially if the concrete slab should be leveled as well.
Experienced concrete experts need to be hired to ensure that the concrete floor is level and smooth. This will ensure that the structure will perform really well. Power trowels can also be used in this kind of work for faster and easier smoothing and leveling. Professionals should handle the work, though, to ensure that the equipment is properly used.
- Concrete bathroom and shower installationConcrete bathroom and shower installation can take a lot of time because the plumbing will be an added work that concrete professionals and plumbers should work on together. This is the reason why professionals should be handling this kind of project.
Ensuring that the plumbing and electrical systems have proper places takes knowledge and skill. And since experienced concrete companies are well aware of these types of projects, they are the ones that need to be doing the work.
- Concrete log siding installationConcrete log siding installation is not as hard as genuine log installation. Since concrete log can be manufactured to be lighter than genuine log, it is a bit easier to install. But concrete logs can break. This means that more materials might be wasted when inexperienced workers handle the job.
Concrete experts make sure that the concrete logs are handled with care and are installed without errors. From the spacing of the logs to the installation of the siding, everything is done carefully and accurately.
- Concrete restorationConcrete restoration is a cheaper approach to renewing concrete surfaces. The old concrete is patched up and repaired to ensure that it will retain its integrity. The appearance of the old concrete is also improved with the help of patches and sealants.
The surface of the concrete is then sealed and painted or stained. This makes the concrete structure look new without having the need for new concrete. This enables property owners to have new-looking concrete structure without spending a fortune on the project.
- Remove oil stains from concreteOil stain removal is not easy since oil stains adhere to concrete. Professional cleaning is needed for this kind of service because proper cleaning and stain removal solutions are needed for the job.
Concrete stain experts make sure that the solutions they use would not harm the concrete that they are treating. Professional concrete companies near me also make sure that the stains are 100% removed while maintaining the strength and beauty of concrete.
- Remove paint from concreteConcrete paint removal is another service that is advantageous for property owners who want to remove old paint from their concrete floors, walls or ceilings. The main purpose of this service is to remove paint to allow for a fresh layer of paint.
Paint removal service is also hired when vandals have written things on the concrete surfaces that cannot easily be removed by simple paint removers. Since paint can penetrate concrete, proper removal is needed to ensure that the paint is removed and no traces are left.
- Concrete fountain installationConcrete fountain installation does not only involve concrete professionals but plumbers and electricians as well. Since fountains work using water and electricity, licensed plumbers and certified electricians are needed to ensure that the fountain will work faultlessly.
Proper installation of the fountain itself should also be ensured. Hence, concrete experts should also be present to guarantee that the fountain will not have issues.
- Concrete testingConcrete testing is a type of service that determines the strength and overall quality of concrete. It is often done for concrete used on commercial or public structures and infrastructure to ensure that the general public is safe when using concrete structures.
The result of the test will determine whether the type of concrete tested is applicable or not. The test will be repeated on different types of concrete until the right one is selected to ensure that the selected concrete type has all the qualities needed for the project.
- ShotcretingShotcreting is the process of shooting concrete mix to a formwork or steel mesh to allow the concrete to adhere to the surface more effectively. This is often done on overhead surfaces since concrete cannot easily be applied on ceilings without force.
Dams and swimming pools are often built using this process because such structures are hard to form or mold.
- Concrete sandingConcrete sanding is a type of service that helps concrete surfaces to be smooth. It is a process used in preparing concrete surfaces for staining, sealing and painting.
Concrete furniture is also sanded to allow the surface of the structure to be smoother. Other objects made from concrete are also sanded to prepare them for staining or sealing as well. Since the surface is smooth, the sealant or stain will apply more smoothly on the concrete surface.
- Concrete etchingConcrete etching is the process of preparing concrete surface for staining. Concrete floors that have never been stained or treated before can still be stained properly through etching. Since perfectly smooth concrete surfaces will not absorb stain or other types of sealant, the surface needs to be turned into porous material to help with absorption.
The concrete surface is sprayed with a substance that will etch the surface of the concrete. This will make the surface porous, which will enable the stain to be absorbed onto the concrete surface. This is an effective approach for concrete floors that have been installed for a long time and have never been treated.
- Removing rust stains from concreteRust stains are hard to remove on concrete surfaces. This is particularly true for rust stains that have already penetrated the porous surface of concrete. Professional stain removal is needed for this kind of problem since regular cleaning tools and cleaning solutions will not help.
Concrete experts will use effective solutions to allow the rust stain to rise from the surface. This prevents the concrete surface from being damaged, which is one of the main advantages of hiring professional concrete companies.
- Concrete curingConcrete should not dry out. It should be cured. This is the process of hardening of concrete using gradual drying out water to prevent the concrete slab from suddenly drying out and cracking. Properly cured concrete will last for a very long time. The appearance of properly cured concrete will also look better. The curing time, however, is fairly long. It will take at least 28 days for concrete slab to be cured. This is most applicable for concrete floors at least 4 inches thick.
Water curing is one of the most common procedures used in concrete structures. It prevents water evaporation, which keeps the concrete mixture from drying out and cracking. Plastic covers are often used to keep the water from rapidly evaporating from the surface of the concrete slab. This needs to be done properly to ensure that the concrete will not suddenly dry out and have irreparable cracks.
- Make concrete plantersConcrete planters are some of the most eco-friendly and long-lasting planters that can be used. This type of planter is more applicable to larger shrubs and plants since it can be customized into larger pots.
Another advantage of concrete planter is that it lasts for a very long time. When properly made, concrete planters can last for decades. Proper care should also be given to this kind of planter to ensure that it will have a long lifespan.
Concrete services offer a lot of advantages to property owners. Since different services offer various advantages, projects are done more easily and more conveniently. The quality of concrete structures and items are also superior when concrete experts are hired. This makes professional concrete service providers the best companies to hire when concrete is used as the main product.
Commercial and Residential Concrete Companies Near Me
Commercial and residential concrete projects are done by professionals who have trained and studied different kinds of concrete and concrete applications. These professionals ensure that proper application of different types of concrete are done using the best methods, which is one of the most important reasons to hire the right concrete companies for each job.
Commercial concrete companies focus more on private and government-owned commercial establishments. These contractors are also the ones contacted by government agencies and private sectors for infrastructure projects. Higher grade concrete types and better rebar cages are used in these types of projects since the purpose of these structures sustain far more abuse than residential units.
Residential projects often go to residential concrete companies. These contractors use smaller-scale equipment and mostly regular grade cements. High-performance and high-strength cement types are also used for certain purposes.
Free Estimates and Quotes
Getting free estimates and quotes is significant in hiring concrete companies near me as this will enable property owners and project managers to ensure that they are hiring the best contractor in town. Take advantage of free estimates to allow you to choose the best company that offers the highest grade concrete and best application methods for your project. This will also allow you to see which companies offer the best prices, which is also one of the most essential factors in hiring concrete experts.
Use the form on our site to get free quotes. Just complete the form and send it and the best concrete contractors in your area will get in touch with you.