Local Stamped Concrete Contractors Near Me
8 Reasons Why You Need to Hire Local Stamped Concrete Contractors Near Me
Stamped concrete is gaining popularity among homeowners in the United States especially for the construction of their pool deck, walkways or patios. It is mostly considered by many as a decorative choice because it is a lot cheaper compared to other materials such as bricks and nature stones. Stamped concrete is also just poured like normal cement, but its pattern and texture are placed on top before the stamped cement or concrete dries.
The shape of the material can also be formed to look like tiles, wood, and many others. Materials can also be colored for an enhanced look.
Hiring a Professional is a Must
Because of all these requirements, it is recommended to hire a professional if the project involves a stamped concrete. Below are the reasons why this is highly recommended by many homeowners in the United States:
- Installation of stamped concrete material is a delicate process. Hence, professional skills and expertise are required. Special tools and equipment are also needed in order to finish the task correctly and smoothly. These are items and qualifications that you can easily get if you hire stamped concrete companies. Hiring them is the most practical and convenient way to fulfill your stamped concrete installation needs.
- The design or additional effects for stamped concrete materials are applied while the concrete is still fresh or wet. This makes the process a bit tricky or delicate. That is the reason why it requires special skills to ensure that the cement or concrete would not get damaged as you apply the design or pattern. Proper planning is required too prior to starting any installation activity.
- In order to be successful, a correctly installed concrete base is required. A professional can make sure that this is done.
- The materials used in this process are too heavy. Hence, it requires strength and enough manpower to deliver the work. Because of this, it will be very difficult to do this task do it yourself style. This will not be an issue if you hire the services of professional stamped concrete installers as they have sufficient number of people who can work on the project. This number also allows them to complete the task based on the agreed project timetable.
- In handling or installing stamped concrete, you will need some special tools in order to form the desired shape and to smoothen its surface. Having these tools though in your possession does not make you qualified to do it yourself. The said tools can only work their magic if used by professional contractors who have been trained to use it correctly.
- As mentioned, the design that needs to be applied on a stamped concrete to make it look like a tile or wood has to be applied while the cement is wet. Because of this, proper timing is required and must be monitored properly. If this is not done correctly, then the cement may harden and it may already be difficult to place the texture or pattern that you want. This obviously will be a waste both of materials and money. It will defeat the purpose of going for stamped concrete.
- It is difficult to reverse an error in concrete materials. Hence, the materials must be handled and installed correctly the first time. In addition, reversing mistakes is very costly.
- The patterns used in stamped concrete must be handled properly. They are made with flexible and large polyurethane stamp. The said stamps measure about two by two feet square. They are then pressed or placed on the wet concrete to create the look that you want. Stamped concrete installers have the proper training to execute this activity correctly.
Cost of Stamped Concrete
How much will it cost you? Here are some things to consider:
- A patio made of stamped concrete will cost between $10 and $15 per square foot. This is for an installation performed by a professional stamped concrete contactor.
- The cost to install a stamped concrete varies based on the materials used and the cost of labor in your location.
- The complexity of the job may also influence the overall cost of the project.
- On average, you will have to pay between $8 and $12 for every square foot using a standard stamped concrete material.
- A stamped concrete can also be customized. Borders, for example, can be installed on the patios or driveway using various colors and patterns. For a mid-range project, the work will cost around $12 to $18 for every square foot.
- Getting all out is possible as well for high-end projects. For this, you have to pay around $18 or higher per square foot. This work includes several design patterns, texture, and colors.
- Hiring local contractors is cheaper as they are within the city and state where you are located.
Benefits of Using Stamped Concrete
Why go for stamped concrete? These will convince you:
In general, using concrete or a stamped concrete in particular, is ideal because of its longevity. It is known to be very durable and requires less maintenance or repair, if properly installed. This will provide long-term savings for homeowners in the United States.
- Increase in Property Value
As mentioned in the previous sections above, stamped concrete is used as a decorative alternative for patios or walkways, pool decks, etc. It definitely adds to the aesthetic value of the property hence increasing its value.
- Simple Installation
Concrete follows an easy installation process, but still requires the services of professional stamped concrete installers.
- Easy Maintenance
Concrete is very easy to maintain and clean because of its smooth surface. All it requires is the use of clean sponge and water.
Stamped concrete can easily look like wood, brick, tiles, cobblestones, and many others. Various designs can also be made such as animal forms, leaf design, and the likes.
A stamped concrete structure can look like a real stone for a lesser cost. It is 50% cheaper compared to the rate of limestone.
Ready to Get Started?
We have the perfect service for you if you’re ready to get started. You should use the form that you see on this page and this free service will give you the best quotes from the best stamped concrete finishers near me. Try it today!