Here’s Everything You Need to Know about Local Swimming Pool Remodeling Contractors Near Me
Very few homeowners can build a swimming pool as a DIY project. It’s not as if you can just dig a hole an fill it up with water. It’s a complicated project that only competent swimming pool installation companies can successfully finish. This is why if you want to enjoy the benefits of having a swimming pool, you have to read on so you’ll know everything there is to know about hiring a pro for it.
While it’s true that there are swimming pool kits that you can buy, it’s still a good idea to hire a contractor that specializes in swimming pools. You’re going to invest in a pool so might as well have the best one that you can afford, right? If you choose wisely, you can hire an affordable contractor that will build the pool of your dreams.
Indoor or Outdoor Pool?
This is one of the biggest decisions that you have to make. Is the pool going to be indoors or outdoors? Your choice will be a matter of your preference. Some homeowners prefer an indoor pool for privacy reasons while some homeowners prefer an outdoor one because it’s more fun and relaxing that way.
However, you have to understand that your decision based on your preference is not final. You have to consult with swimming pool builders to know if your choice is feasible in your case. Let’s say that you want an indoor pool. Can your home accommodate one? Do you have enough room? Can your home’s structure and foundation handle a pool?
How about for an outdoor pool? Do you have big enough space to accommodate a pool? What are the local laws about outdoor pool? How’s the maintenance going to be like? Does it make sense?
There are a lot of questions that need to be answered. This is why it’s important that you hire a swimming pool contractor.
Inground or Above Ground?
Most homes in your area probably have an above ground pool. It’s easier to install and is more affordable. If these things attract you, then an above ground pool makes sense.
But at the end of the day, it’s hard to say no to an inground swimming pool. That’s how swimming pools are supposed to be. It’s better-looking. It can be as deep as you want it to be. You won’t have an ugly structure in your yard.
Talk to contractors about these two options to help you decide which one is better in your case.
How Big is the Pool Going to be?
You can’t just say that you want it to be very big. You need to consult with swimming pool companies so they can recommend the ideal size based on several factors. The complete dimensions will be determined together with the depth.
The ideal size is not too big or too small. You may think that you should go for the biggest pool possible, but you have to consider the fact that there’s such a thing as a pool that’s too big. You don’t need a massive pool if there’s just 5 of you in the family and you don’t entertain a lot of guests. It’s just going to be a nightmare as far as maintenance is concerned.
What’s the Design?
This is where the expertise of pros will come in handy. While it’s true that you can simply do a search online for possible designs, it won’t really tell you if the designs that you’re looking at make sense in your case.
Besides, a lot of the designs online are outdated. It’s also hard to visualize them in your home. The most contractors have updated designs in their arsenal and they can explain the designs to you fully so you can easily visualize them in your property. This way, you can easily choose a design.
Type of Pool
You also have to choose a pool type. A competent contractor can install a concrete, fiberglass or vinyl-lined swimming pool. While there are areas where aluminum and building steel are popular materials for swimming pools, in most areas, concrete, fiberglass and vinyl-lined are the most popular swimming pool types.
These different types have their own pros and cons. For example, the concrete type is the most popular because of its strength and durability. However, it takes the longest to finish which shouldn’t be an issue if you’re after the strength and durability which should be the case.
Speaking of the length of time needed for the installation, the fiberglass type is the fastest. This is because these pools are molded in the factory and it will be delivered to your property as a big piece of bowl that will then be installed in the hole using a crane. With this type and with the help of a good contractor, you can have a pool in as short as three days.
Vinyl-lined pools are also popular because they offer a lot of design possibilities. On the downside, the liner can be easily punctured. While it’s true that repair is easy, it’s still a hassle.
Having a swimming pool installed gives you a lot of responsibilities. Your relationship with your chosen contractor doesn’t stop at the installation. There will come a time when you’ll need help when it comes to maintenance. Sooner or later, there will be damages or issues that require repair. You may also decide later on to improve your swimming pool. With these things in mind, you have to choose from the swimming pool companies wisely because it’s a lifelong commitment.
Cost of the Pool
A swimming pool is a significant investment which is why you have to choose a contractor wisely. The cost does vary depending on the type and the size so it’s best that you talk to the contractors that you’re considering for a more accurate estimate.
But just to give you an idea, an above ground pool can cost anywhere from $1,500 to $4,500. This is depending on the size. However, it’s important to note that this is just for the pool kit. You have to pay for the installation and the pros will charge anywhere from $1,000 to $3,000 to install an above ground pool.
As for the inground pool, here are some estimated costs:
- A vinyl-lined pool will cost anywhere from $20,000 to $30,000. This is just for a basic mid-sized pool without the bells and whistles.
- A fiberglass pool will cost $12,000 to $25,000. It’s expensive because it also includes the shipping cost. This is just for the pool itself. Expect the cost to be from $20,000 to $40,000 if the installation cost is to be included.
- Concrete pools are the most expensive to install since it’s labor-intensive. Expect a basic concrete pool to cost anywhere from $20,000 to $45,000.
How to Find a Good Company
There are a lot of different companies that will offer their services. Finding the right one to hire is easy. Just follow these tips:
- Ask them to send you an itemized quote. Let them know that you’re getting quotes from others. This should motivate them to put together a great deal.
- Study the quotes. Make sure to compare the options and the costs involved.
- Do research on the people that stand out. Check how long they’ve been in business. Check for their legitimacy. Check to see if they’re licensed, insured and bonded.
- Ask for references. Here’s a good way to ask for references:
- Ask them how many pools they’ve installed since the start of the year. Let’s say that they’ve installed 10 pools.
- Ask them for a list of these clients because you’re going to use them for references.
- If they’re confident, they should give you a list of 10 references. If they only give you something like 5 references, then it shows that they’re only confident in 50% of their work. The thing is homeowners generally don’t mind being used as a reference because they’ve asked for references as well. They know the importance of references.
- Stay away from swimming pool installers near me that don’t want to provide references.
- Contact the references and ask for their experience in dealing with the contractor. Ask them how the pool is right now and if they’re going to hire the contractor again if given the chance.
With these tips, you should find the right contractor to hire.
Use this Form to Ask for Quotes
We have a form on our site that allows you to easily get quotes for free. Just provide the basic details asked and we’ll send the form to the top companies so they can send you a quote for their services. Just follow the other tips listed on this article so you can find the right contractor to hire.