Free Garage Door Repair Estimates for the Following Issues
Your garage door is one of the most important entryways into your home. Thus, it is important that you ensure that the door is secured well and is in good working condition. So if you are currently having problems with your existing garage door, then the first thing to do is to have a professional to quote you for the cost of repair. This way, you will know how much money you need to prepare in order to get things done.
When you call the professional garage door repair specialists, the first thing that they will do is determine whether the door can still be repaired or if it requires total replacement. Only then will they be able to provide you with a free estimate.
How Much Will the Repair of your Garage Door Cost?
Even though you can pretty much do the maintenance of your garage door on your own, it might probably be a good idea for you to schedule a routine inspection with a professional repair specialist. Any type of service call will require the need for inspection of the door and the opener. Adjustments can then be made on the spring tension, limits and force adjustments, chain and belt tension, as well as door lubrication. The cost for these services will vary from one place to another, although a repair for a garage door will normally cost between $150 and $325.
Here are some of the most common garage door repairs and their corresponding costs.
- Door will not open or close – there could be various reasons why your garage door will only stick to one position and will not close or open. First is that the sensor might have been obstructed. If your system comes with a sensor that’s installed at the base of the track, any obstruction can surely make the door unable to operate properly. For this, you don’t need to call the professionals. Simply check if there is anything that is blocking the path of the sensors.
- Opener – if you cannot find anything that is obstructing the sensors, the problem might be due to the garage door opener. If there’s just a small light on the opener, gently press the button and check if the light will illuminate. If not, then you might need to replace the small battery that is inside the opener. This repair is inexpensive and the problem can be solved easily.
- Obstruction on the wheel track – you can try to manually close the door and see if there are any obstructions at the wheel tracks. If this is not the case, then carefully examine the tracks for any potential damage such as bends and dents.
Check your door carefully and see if it is unevenly hanging. If the track is damaged and the door is hanging unevenly, then you may need to call the professional for repairs and see if you can request for garage door repair free estimate. The repair will normally cost around $135 to $160. The cost for correcting an uneven hanging of the door can also vary greatly, although it usually costs around $125.
- Uneven movement of the garage door – one of the reasons why the movement of your garage door is uneven is because of some issues on the spring mechanism. The roll-up doors are generally equipped with a center mounted torsion spring. It is therefore necessary that you call the professional door repair specialists to get the spring mechanism repaired and in order to avoid any serious injury. Since the replacement of the cables or springs in a garage door will take at least two to three hours of labor, the cost should be around $300 and even more.
- Track issues – if the tracks of your garage door are warped or bent in any way, then the door might move unevenly or it will not move at all. Depending on the extent of the damage, the tracks might need to be replaced or repaired. Generally, the cost of track repairs is around $135 to $180.
- Loud noises – if your door is making irritable loud noises when you close or open it, then this can indicate a lack of lubricant or perhaps some dirt may have accumulated on the tracks. Simply clean the tracks properly and once it is cleaned, coat it with a lubricant that is designed especially for garage doors. If after you have done this and your door will still create some noise, then it’s time that you call the professional for repairs.
Other Garage Door Problems and Their Costs
Below are some other issues that could arise on your garage door, depending on the type of door that you have.
- Broken glass– glass is generally inexpensive, thus, the major cost of repairing a broken glass on your garage door will go towards the labor cost. The cost of labor will depend on how much the contractor will charge you, although the cost will normally range between $25 and $75. You might also be able to repair some dents and dings. However, if the dents are huge enough for a professional to be able to do the job, then you can expect to pay about an hour worth of labor for around $75.
- Replacement of circuit board – you can expect to pay around $100 for this, including the cost of reprogramming the remotes. Damaged and broken rollers can also be repaired for only $10 to $15 each. The hinges can also be replaced for just over $10.
Repair Cost Varies by Material
The cost of repair for garage doors will also depend on the type of material that is used. To cut down on the cost of repair, you must make sure to work with the proper garage door material. It should be something that complements well with your climate. Or else, you could find yourself paying for repairs after every few weeks or so.
Regardless of the material that your garage door is made of, you might have to do some maintenance tasks regularly just to keep it in good working condition and to minimize expensive repairs. Any of the garage door specialists can inspect some of the most common problem areas in your garage door in order to ensure that the door is working the way it should. In addition, it may be necessary that you check the integrity of the garage door itself because the garage is especially vulnerable to security issues.
The Bottom Line
Since your garage door is considered as an important entryway to your home, it is very important that you keep it in good working condition for your own safety and your loved ones as well. Selecting the right style and proper materials for your garage door can help to minimize the cost of repairs that could arise along the way. In addition, investing on the regular maintenance of your door can be cost-effective for the future.
So if you feel that your garage door is in dire need of repair, then you should immediately call professional garage door repair companies who can provide you with a garage door repair free estimate. The benefits of hiring a professional repair job can definitely outweigh any costs since this can help to ensure the safety and security of your home property.