Best Local HVAC Contractors Near You: Heating & Air Conditioning Repair
HVAC, which stands for heating, ventilation and air-conditioning includes everything the name says, including making sure that the air quality in your home is good. The same way you call a plumber when there’s something related to water and sewage, you will call HVAC contractors near you to handle any of those described things.
They provide a lot of different services that help keep your home or other structure comfortable to stay in. In this article, we’ll walk you through the different services they can help you with. They’re licensed in a lot of states, either on a state or local level.
The installation, repair and replacement jobs they work on are complex, and hiring one of the professional heating companies ensures that it’s done correctly.
We have made it easier for you to get quotes from them, meaning all you need to do is simply to fill out the form at the top of the page and you will be contacted by up to 4 contractors, more specifically the ones our system determine are the most relevant for you to talk with.
Types of Air Conditioner Units
There are different air conditioner units that they do work on, and it may be a good idea for you to know which one you either have, or wish to have, when you contact them. The right heating and cooling unit will ensure comfortable temperatures inside your home.
- Window air conditioner: The condenser, valve, compressor and other components are all fit within the unit, although it is also only recommended for places with limited heating and cooling needs, like individual rooms. Larger rooms, homes or places with serious needs won’t be satisfied with the capabilities of one of these.
- Through-the-wall air conditioning units: It works very similarly to the window air conditioner unit, but they generally come with a more sleek design. Once installed, it’s slightly harder to move.
- Portable air conditioning unit: Unlike the previous models, this one isn’t firmly installed, meaning it can be moved easily. They’re generally quite noisy and aren’t a solution recommended for more than temporary solutions, and it’s also not as efficient as the other options.
- Ductless mini-split air conditioning units: As the name suggests, this is split into two parts. One that goes inside, and another that goes outside. It may be more expensive to buy initially but is cheaper to run.
- Packaged terminal air-conditioning units: Another name for this is PTAC, and they also have two separate units. You have likely seen these in hotels where they are very common.
- Central air conditioner: Residential houses most commonly have this solution because it’s a lot more efficient for bigger structures, although it is more elaborate to install with the need for ducts and vents.
If you live in an apartment, you may want to consider one of the other options, but otherwise the central air conditioner is the most common system to have installed by residential HVAC contractors.
Services Offered by Contractors
Due to the complexity in installing these units, these are generally jobs done by professionals, which also ensures you get better energy efficiency from your unit. There are many different services that these pros offer, and here’s a more extensive list.
- Air conditioning installation and replacement: The biggest task is obviously the installation and replacement of whatever air conditioning unit you choose to get. It’s complex and the proper installation will have a direct effect on the unit’s energy efficiency.
- Air conditioning repair: Doing due repairs to your AC unit will make it last longer, but can also be the difference between a working unit and one that doesn’t work. If it doesn’t turn on, the temperature of the air it delivers, there are weird noises or smells, there are issues with short cycling, water leaking or the unit is accumulating ice where the cooling unit is, these are all signs of problems requiring a pro to come and repair it.
- Emergency services: When your unit suddenly stops working and there are big heating or cooling needs, that’s when you call for the emergency squad to come and help you.
- Heat pump installation or repair
- Heat pump and HVAC troubleshooting: As a normal homeowner, you may not be able to figure out what is causing the issues with your unit, and that’s where the troubleshooting done by a pro comes in handy.
- Evaporative cooler or “swamp cooler” installation or repair: This device cools air by evaporating water, which is a different technology from other HVAC units.
- Outdoor mist cooling system installation or repair: If you’re outside but still want the temperature to be comfortable, some people choose to install an outdoor mist unit.
- Installation or repair of central humidifier: This system helps make sure there’s a comfortable amount of humidity in your home, since both too much humidity and too little may cause problems.
- Installation or repair of whole house air purifier: This works by filtering the air and ensuring its quality, which can help in removing dust and other pollutants that can cause serious allergic reactions.
- Installation, repair or relocation of window AC unit: If for any reason you need an AC unit to be relocated, you will want this to be done by a pro as it’s not an easy task to do.
- Propane gas furnace installation or repair: With a unit that uses propane, it is especially important that it is done correctly by having a pro do it.
- Oil furnace installation or repair: Again, this type of furnace needs to be installed professionally to avoid potential leaks.
- Electric baseboard installation or repair
- Installation or repair of a wall heater
- Duct or vent repair or replacement: Get the help of a ductwork contractor when your ducts need help for whatever reason.
- Ductless system installation or repair: As mentioned, the ductless system is a popular one and among the many services provided by HVAC companies.
- Boiler installation and repair: They help keep your home warm but work differently from a furnace.
- Water heater installation or repair: Have these installed by the properly licensed HVAC contractors to avoid them spewing out hazardous gas into the air.
- Air quality testing: You can probably imagine that the air we breathe in is incredibly important for our health, which means it shouldn’t be filled with pollutants, which can also be caused by poor ventilation. The HVAC companies will test the air and determine how to improve its quality.
- Geothermal HVAC installation and repair: This includes using an HVAC unit that uses the natural resources available to, although it obviously requires geothermal heat to function.
- Maintenance: Maintaining your HVAC unit is one that is important which will help in making sure that your unit lasts as long as possible.
Commercial and Residential HVAC Companies
These systems play a big role in our homes, offices and other buildings. While this article has talked a lot about residential HVAC companies, there are also commercial HVAC contractors that focus on commercial applications.
No matter if you’re talking about a residential or commercial project, it’s always best to get the work done by a professional. That is no matter if we’re talking about emergency work, maintenance, or the complete installation of a new unit.
When you consider that your unit’s efficiency will depend on good installation, you will realize how it’s important to get it done right, so as to save money on your electricity bill. You will want to hire the right one for your needs.
Get Free HVAC Estimates and Quotes For Your HVAC Projects
Until recently, getting quotes from contractors included that you individually reached out to individual contractors for your HVAC needs, although this is not the easiest way to do it.
We have created a service that is free for you and all you need to do is simply to fill out the form at the top of this page, which will allow you to get quotes from competing heating contractors really easily. Our system will match you with the most relevant contractors that will then reach out to you to provide you with quotes for your project.
You can also use it if you need to get in touch with an HVAC contractor because you simply have questions. There’s no obligation for you to hire any of the contractors – what are you waiting for?