More remodeling articles
- Bathroom remodeling
- Bathroom repair
- Building contractors
- Cheap contractors
- Commercial remodeling
- Construction contractors
- General contractors
- Handicap accessibility
- Home addition
- Home restoration
- Licensed contractors
- Local construction companies
- Mobile home contractors
- Remodeling contractors
Home remodeling contractors near you can help turn your home into the dream place that you have always wanted it to be, but finding the right one has not always been easy. Until now.
There are a lot of reasons why you might want to get home remodelers to pay a visit to your home. We will try walking you through a lot of the important aspects right here today. If done right, you can even recoup the investment you make in your home, so that you increase the value of your home by so much that you’ll get everything back when you sell it at a later point.
Undertaking a home improvement project is a major task and therefore one that you need to put careful consideration into. That includes choosing the best materials, finding out exactly what it is you want done and more. By doing all of this, you can increase the chances of success.
It all starts with figuring out what it is you want done and getting the right contractors in on the project so they can help you. By filling out the form on our site, you’ll be getting quotes from contractors the easy way with no obligation.
Benefits of Home Improvement
To start off with, we’ll walk you through some of the many benefits you will be experiencing as a result of upgrading the place you live in.
- Curb appeal: Focusing on things that will add curb appeal, such as installing new siding or roofing will make your home beautiful and increase its value too.
- Lowering maintenance: You may have noticed that some of the things in your home have started needing more and more maintenance over time. Perhaps it’s time to replace them which more often than not will also lower the amount of maintenance that they need.
- Improving energy-efficiency: Energy-efficiency is steadily going up for different building materials and replacing things such as an old HVAC unit could prove to save you a lot of money on your energy bill.
- Increasing space: One of the easiest ways to add more space is with home additions. It can be done in a lot of ways, or you can make better use of the space that you already have.
- Comfort: There may simply be features in your home that no longer fits the needs that you have, and having them remodeled could make the space as useful again as you hope for it to be.
- New technology: While this may also be included in some of the previous points, there are a lot of new additions you can make to your home including smart features that increase the functionality in a lot of different ways.
The exact reason why you may be considering home improvement is obviously a personal decision, but those are some of the most common reasons for people to want to do remodeling.
Below, we’ll feature some different tips for the different parts of your home.
Remodeling your bathroom is not a cheap task, and you will need to find the right bathroom contractor for the job. With the electric system and plumbing, there are certain natural complications that you will need to work with or work around.
Here are some tips you need to consider to make sure your project is a success:
- Cost of different aspects: It’s always a good idea to familiarize yourself with how much different aspects cost. When you get quotes, ask for them to be itemized.
- Moisture-resistant materials: One of the main challenges with bathrooms is that they have so much moisture, and you will want to make sure you know how it affects the different decisions you make, including the choice of materials.
- Ventilation: Getting good ventilation installed to keep the moisture levels down and keep all the problems out that it brings, is important.
- Bathtubs or showers: While a bathtub may be nice, is it really needed since you only shower anyway? If so, have a shower installed instead of the bathtub.
- Tiles: Tiling can add character to your bathroom, but you should know it will also increase the cost significantly.
- Where to splurge: You will have some features you may want to splurge on, because they’re so important to you.
- Choosing your vanity: The vanity will draw a lot of attention to it, and making sure it gets the necessary attention is important.
- Small bathrooms: When you don’t have too much space, make sure you make the best use of it. That can include installing either a corner sink or smart storage, which both help you optimize the layout.
- Sink installation: Sinks are generally installed at a height of 36 inches, but you may decide you want it at another height instead. Its style should also match the rest of the bathroom.
- Bathroom dimensions: Making plans prior to buying any materials is a good thing that lowers the amount of mistakes you will be making.
- Lighting: Good lighting will help create the right atmosphere.
- Toilet placement: The layout of the bathroom is commonly done so that the toilet isn’t the main thing in focus as you enter the room.
- How much should you change: If there are things that you currently like, think of ways to preserve them in order to not unnecessarily drive up the cost of your project. The more aspects you preserve, the better you will end up liking what you will pay for the project.
When you make a home addition, it’s always a good idea to make sure it follows the overall style of the home which helps increase the value of your home by as much as possible. These are our recommendations for such projects as well as what you need to keep in mind:
- Prepare yourself: This is a big project and it’s important that you know that. Making the necessary changes to prepare yourself is crucial. Try planning your life so that it will cause the least amount of disturbance possible.
- Plumbing and electrical: Make detailed plans with all the different aspects you’re hoping for in the addition, which will include how you use this new space, and therefore where electrical outlets and plumbing must be.
- Size of the project: Additions are expensive to make, and the bigger you make it, the costlier it gets too.
- Find the funds: Do you have all the funds available or will you need a loan to fund it?
- Budget properly and plan: The better your budget and plan, the more likely you are to stick to it.
There are a lot of contractors that specialize in kitchen remodeling. When you remodel it, make sure that you have a plan for how you will deal with the fact that you will need to eat also while the project is ongoing. Here are our tips.
- Functionality: Determining your needs will help you in making sure that the new kitchen turns out the way you want it to. Your pattern of use should influence the design of your new kitchen.
- Focal point: Like with other rooms, the kitchen will need a focal point that you splurge on. A lot of people choose to make it the countertop.
- Lighting: Your lighting needs will vary depending on how you use the kitchen, and remember that it creates the atmosphere you’re hoping for.
- Countertops: There are different materials for countertops with very varying price points also. Make sure to find the one that best suits the needs that you have.
- Kitchen island: A kitchen island is popular in a lot of homes since it can contribute so much functionality. Determine if you want one and how big it should be.
- The right height: Think about how tall everything needs to be as you may want to deviate from the standard height if it gives you more comfort.
- Walkways: You want to make sure your walkways are sufficiently big so that you don’t hit things when walking somewhere.
Roof replacement is something that can really add to your home’s curb appeal. It not only protects you from the outside, but it also needs to look great. Roof leaks, for instance, can cause water damage. Find the right roofing contractor for the job. Here are our tips:
- Cleaning: While this is obviously a thing that will happen after the roof installation has been done, ask the contractors what their policies are regarding cleaning afterwards and make sure that their quotes reflect it.
- Ventilation and insulation: Good ventilation and insulation is important, or you will be throwing away a lot of money on your heating and cooling bill. It should be thought of during the planning phase.
- Materials: As with any other home improvement project, the right choice of material also applies to getting a new roof installed. Installing the right material will ensure that you don’t spend too much time on maintenance.
- Timing the project: You should be making sure that you time such a big project in accordance with other things in your life so it doesn’t end up becoming an issue to get this project done.
Replacing siding is another big project that is done by siding contractors near you. It affects the overall look of your home and we of course also gathered some tips for this type of project.
- Color: The color options of siding will depend on the type of material you choose, although some options can be painted to better fit your wishes.
- HOA: Your HOA may make some limitations in terms of the type of siding that you choose, and you should make sure to comply with those specifications to avoid future problems.
- Materials: Some materials require more maintenance than others and it’s better that you do your research and find this out prior to buying the materials.
- Repair or replace: If you aren’t already set on replacing the siding, it may be time for you to consider whether a repair suffices or whether you will need to replace it completely at this point.
Remodeling an attic can make it easier to use for the things you want to use it for. What you plan to use it for will largely affect its layout. Here are our tips regarding upgrading your attic.
- Ventilation: The same way you need ventilation when installing a new roof, with an attic upgrade, ventilation measures should also be high up there for what you need to make sure to do.
- Creaking floors: There’s an inherent risk that floors will creak if you don’t make sure to reinforce the support in it. Consider reinforcing joists and talking to the contractor about different measures you can make in order to avoid noise being an issue.
- Familiarize yourself with the safety codes in your area: While the contractor should know these regarding a potential attic remodel, it’s always good to know yourself what they are to get a more accurate understanding of the possibilities you can turn into reality.
Being below the ground level, upgrading your basement can often prove more difficult than you initially thought it would be the case. Finding the right basement contractor is therefore crucial.
- Drop ceiling: One of the considerations you can make is whether to install drop ceilings or not. It will make lighting installation easier, but it could also mean that the space can’t be counted as square footage, as ceiling height is often a requirement there.
- Insulation: The basement is another place that needs to be properly insulated in order to ensure your energy bill does not spiral out of control.
- Water issues: There are often water issues in the basement, and these need to be addressed, which includes making sure that the sump pump is running as intended.
- Safety codes: You want your basement to comply with safety regulations to avoid problems when you’re selling your home.
Remodeling your garage is not always easy, and finding the right garage remodeling contractors will make it easier to get done properly. We have written an article for when you want to turn a garage into a room.
- Continuity: As with the rest of your home, if you can increase the feeling of continuity in your home when you remodel, it also ends up increasing its value by as much as possible.
- Parking: Using the existing space for something else means you will need to find out where you can park now.
- Zoning laws: make sure that you can in fact use the garage for the intention you want. If you want to build it out into a rent-generating unit, make sure it lives up to the necessary requirements.
Get Free Estimates & Quotes from Commercial and Residential Remodeling
Whether you are planning to remodel your home or a commercial building, it’s important to get competing & free estimates or quotes for the project. For commercial projects, get in touch with commercial remodeling companies by using the form on our site.
All you need to do is to fill out the form on the site. You simply have to spend a minute filling out the form and you will be able to get no-obligation quotes from competing contractors for the projects that you desire.