More painting articles
House painting is a thing that has been widely available for thousands of years, and while many see it as a thing done to make your home more beautiful, that is not necessarily the only purpose. For example, if you have wood siding installed on your home, periodic painting or sealing aids in ensuring that the siding material does not deteriorate prematurely.
Over the years, a lot has happened in terms of the services provided by house painters near you, and the materials used today are naturally a lot better than those used hundreds of years ago.
Different surfaces also require different types of preparation and paint to beautify your home.
If you do not wish to paint your home yourself, use the form at the top of the page to request quotes from local interior painters. It’s completely free.
Types of Paint
Depending on the material you are dealing with and the purpose you want the paint to serve, there are different types that you can be looking into. Some surfaces may not handle some types of paint very well, which will simply mean you will need to have them repainted soon again.
- Acrylic flat: This is commonly applied on the interior parts, including drywall and ceilings. The type of finish makes it more prone to attracting dirt which requires regular cleaning, although this needs to be done carefully to keep it from cracking. Soap and water are generally what’s recommended to keep this type of paint clean.
- Acrylic eggshell: This is more durable than the flat version, although it still works great for interior walls. If you have small kids in the house, you may want something slightly more durable than the acrylic flat.
- Acrylic satin: It’s fairly matte, although with a hint of gloss, which makes it more difficult to hide imperfections in the walls. It’s simple, yet elegant and will look beautiful in any home.
- Acrylic semi-gloss: With its glossy features, it provides slight reflection of the light, which will make a room seem bigger, especially if it’s not too big to start off with. The glossier options are also more durable and easier to clean, although they will show dirt more easily.
- Acrylic gloss: Glossier than any of the previously mentioned options, this a good type for places that are prone to staining, which can include kitchen ceilings. When you’re doing a kitchen remodeling, this is a type you should be considering.
- Alkyd flat or flat oil: More commonly used on commercial establishments because of its stronger odor. Being flat, it is perfect for those places where there may be imperfections.
- Alkyd semi-gloss, enamel or oil-based: Because it has a strong smell also, it’s used more commonly in places where there is good ventilation.
- Alkyd gloss: The glossiest of the oil paints. It may be used on trim and other wood.
- Acrylic or latex: This is used outside and the glossiness varies depending on your choice of paint.
- Oil enamel: Oil-based paints are often more common on exterior walls, as they’re more easily washed than water-based ones.
The choice of paint you end up going with is an important one, which can either make sure that your home remains beautiful for longer or it may simply have you need to paint very soon again. Whether it’s appliances, furniture, roofs, ceilings, floors or walls you’re painting, it’s better to find the right one than need to do it several times.
Services Offered by Local Commercial and Residential Painting Contractors
There are a bunch of services that a local painter will help you do. We’ve covered the most common ones beneath, which should help you in the process of finding the right one.
- Interior painting: Getting the help of interior painters is an easy way to avoid having to do all the work yourself. Without the proper tools and techniques, it’s a job that may otherwise take you a long time to do.
- Exterior painting: The exterior painting helps your home withstand the elements, and getting to those top parts may not be easy for you to do without the right equipment. You will additionally need to get rid of the previous layer of paint and prepare the area for the new one.
- Sandblast an exterior surface: Sandblasting a surface is a very effective method used to clean and prepare an area for a new coat of paint, however it can’t be done on all surfaces, it’s also a thing that is often done on concrete driveways to remove its stubborn stains.
- Powder coating: The way it’s applied, as a dry paint, makes it a more durable option than normal types of liquid paint.
- Kitchen cabinet refinishing: Cabinet refinishing is a very nice alternative to actually replacing your cabinets. It’s delicate work, and everything will likely need to be taken apart to ensure that the paint is properly applied.
- Bathroom painting: This can either be part of a major bathroom remodel or not, and the type of paint applied in there will usually at least be somewhat glossy, thereby increasing protection against humidity.
- Faux painting and finishing: This is a type of painting that seeks to imitate other types of materials, which can include marble.
- Wall repair: If your drywall has been damaged, this will need to be corrected before the paint is applied. The damage can be caused by a range of things including water leaks or pest infestations.
- Roof sealing and painting: Painting your roof is not very easy to do, and with the help of professionals, it can be done either way to keep its protective attributes. Wooden roofs will need painting to keep them from deteriorating. If there are roof leaks, doing the work may end up costing you extra.
- Power washing exterior surfaces: Power washing is another way to help prepare surfaces to a new layer of paint, although it isn’t good for all types of surfaces, and should be done with care.
- Door painting: Painting your door may is an easy way to give it a new look. It requires attention to detail, especially if the door has a lot of different details such as glass and windows.
- Decorative painting: This kind of service goes beyond simply painting a surface one simple color, and not all wall painters provide this service.
- Paint removal: Removing old layers of paint is crucial when applying new layers, and if it is lead paint that is being removed, it needs to be done especially carefully.
- Wallpaper installation and removal: Wallpaper is just another way to decorate your home and one that these contractors can help you with.
- Paint testing: Do you suspect there’s lead paint on your home? Then get it tested. Testing is also commonly done before a new layer of paint is added, since you can’t just add any type of paint on top of each other.
- Ceiling painting: Especially when you have high ceilings, these are areas that are hard to reach. With their better tools and experience, professional painters are likely to get a more consistent paint job done in those hard to reach places.
- Mold remediation: Being in an environment with mold is not good for you, and having it removed is often a job that painters can help you with.
- Popcorn ceiling removal: Although it was popular in the past, it’s no longer really the case and a lot of homeowners wish to have it removed. Since you want to make sure you don’t damage the surface underneath, the drywall, it should be done by a professional.
- Deck painting and staining: Decks are commonly made out of wood, and without proper maintenance, these will deteriorate rather rapidly, especially when you live in an area that gets extreme changes in temperature.
- Fence painting and staining: No matter if you have a wooden fence or a wrought iron fence, a fresh coat of paint can help make it look like new again.
- Porch painting and staining: It’s not just your deck that needs attention, your porch does too. Get help from porch painters and get your porch looking stunning in no time.
- Shutter painting: If your shutters have no issues with them, this is a cheap thing to have done, that can add a personal touch to your home. Some materials are harder to paint than others, though.
- Garage door painting: Your garage door is yet another part of your home that you may want to consider periodically painting. Before deciding how to paint it, the type of material must first be determined. There are a variety of options for you to choose between depending on the feel you want to give it.
- Accent wall painting: Getting an accent wall create a focal point in a room, and it’s a very cheap way to do so. Professional painters may also give you advice on which type of paint, as well as colors go well together.
- Bathtub refinishing: Old bathtubs can be refinished to give them a new look, which may keep you from needing to completely replace it and rather simply give it a new finish. This includes cleaning and prepping to ensure that the finish will adhere to the surface.
- Appliance refinishing: The same way you can refinish a bathtub, so can you with appliances. If you wish to give your room a specific ambiance, this is something that can be done.
- Brick painting and staining: Painting brick is also a possibility to give it the color you want. Before the painting starts, the surface must be cleaned to remove any kind of grease or other stains.
- Epoxy coating garage floors: This will help protect your garage floor and keep it nice and shiny.
- Furniture refinishing: Different pros will have different ways of offering this service, where some may do it at your house instead.
- Paint preparation: Preparing the paint for use is crucial, assuming you are not able to buy the finished product that you desire.
Knowing the different types of services that professional house painters offer will allow homeowners to determine which jobs they can hire painters for. Since refinishing and repairs can also be done by professional painters, clients have the chance to hire a single contractor for the job.
Damaged decks, porches, furniture and walls can be repaired and mended prior to repainting and staining when professional house painters are selected for the job. This does not only make the project quicker but also makes the overall cost lower. Because homeowners only need to pay a single fee for multiple services, the overall cost is lowered.
Commercial and Residential Projects
Professional painters do not only provide services to residential homes but to commercial buildings as well. Residential units in commercial buildings can call for painting experts specializing in house painting projects. They are fairly knowledgeable about house paints and other projects regarding residential structures and furniture, making them the ideal type of company to select for this kind of services.
Both residential and commercial painting projects are offered by highly trained painting professionals. This makes it more convenient for homeowners and business owners to hire the expert painters as they can hire the same company for the residential and commercial needs.
Get Free Estimates and Quotes For Your House Painting
The easiest way for you to get free quotes for your residential or commercial painting projects is by using the contact form at the top of this page. All you need to do is fill out the form, and you’ll be contacted by up 4 interior and exterior house painters.
You can then work with the different pros and choose one if you like the quotes they gave you. The good thing is that this service comes at no cost to you and there’s no obligation either – what are you waiting for?