If you are trying to remodel your home but you are in a tight budget, then it would help if you determine the costs way ahead of time. Do not allow your remodeling budget to go overboard with hidden surprises by not researching well ahead of time. Thus, if you are thinking of getting a Lowes vinyl siding installed, then you should research the average cost of this siding way ahead of time.
How much does it cost to have vinyl siding installed from Lowe’s? The best way to determine the Lowes vinyl siding installation cost is to ask the price from the installers themselves. Experienced vinyl installers should have no problems sending you a quote.
Important Things to Keep In Mind
Remember that the cost of getting a new vinyl siding installed can add up very quickly, especially if you are a novice and have never experienced hiring a siding installer before. It is therefore strongly recommended that you research the cost in advance. Look for licensed and insured siding installers and gather at least three quotes.
Moreover, obtain a copy of the recommended manufacturer installation guide from Lowes. It is important that you know the installation requirements before you hire any contractors so you can be sure that they are really doing the right job. This is also to ensure that your home improvement project will not end up becoming more expensive in the long run. Here are some of the most important things to keep in mind.
- You should request for three to five quotes before you hire the vinyl siding contractor. Estimates are totally free so you will not be charged for this. The only time the contractors will charge is during a service call when your siding needs to be repaired, etc.
- Expect that the cost of installation will differ from one contractor to another. This is because each and every company usually has a different approach on siding installation and their operation expenses and overhead costs will greatly differ.
- Try to request for quotes during late fall and early winter. You can expect aggressive pricing discounts if you will wait for the down season to get your remodeling project done.
- You should prepare more money than what was quoted. It would be a good idea to expect an additional cost of 7 to 15 percent more than what the contractors will quote you. This can be due to difficult patterns and configuration, as well as the additional complexity of your home and all of these can add up to the overall siding installation cost.
- Take time to visit each and every supplier and local home improvement store that sells Lowes brand of vinyl siding and see if you can negotiate a much better price. If you take time to do this, you should be able to save up to 20 percent on the overall cost of your home siding installation.
- You will find that there are different types of homes in the US. You can go for Colonial, Contemporary, Ranch, Cape Cod, Bungalow and Victorian style house. Make sure to choose the Lowes siding that matches with the style of home that you want.
The Lowes vinyl siding installation cost does not really cost a lot of money, contrary to what a lot of people thought. You just have to come prepared and budget a little more before you get on with the siding installation project.
A Guide to the Installation of Lowes Vinyl Siding
The vinyl siding from Lowes can certainly help to improve the overall look of your home without the need to paint. This siding option is very popular because aside from helping to make your house look great, it is also an affordable option for those who are trying to save money on their vinyl siding installation.
A lot of homeowners will also choose Lowes because of its durability and ease of maintenance and installation. Although it is highly recommended that you hire professional siding installers for the installation, as the homeowner, you should also know some tips on the installation of this home siding.
- The vinyl siding should be nailed in such a way that contraction and expansion are not restricted. The siding should be cut lengthwise in order to provide for the expansion of the siding material.
Moreover, there should be a 1/4-inch gap for expansion on the siding butts accessories. When installing the siding on freezing weather, allow a 3/8-inch gap, especially if the temperature is below 4 degree Celsius.
- It is important for the installer to choose the right nails for the vinyl siding installation. There should be a space of about 1/6 inch in between the siding and the nail head. This will allow for the contraction and expansion of the siding and to prevent dimpling as well, which is usually the reason for the waves on siding.
- The nails must be centered in the slots. The installers must avoid nailing to the extreme left or right of the nail slot that’s on the siding panel.
- The nails must be driven straight and leveled. This is because crooked nails can distort the siding panels and will cause the panels to buckle.
- Nailing into the siding panel directly must be avoided as this can restrict the horizontal movement of the siding and will cause the panel to buckle.
- The installers must avoid pulling the siding taut during the process of nailing. This is because pulling the taut will stretch the vinyl panel out of shape and will lead to an undesirable lap joint. The panels must be locked well and pushed up from the bottom part up until the lock contract is created. Afterwards, the panel should be nailed in place.
- The nails must be spaced properly. The siding panels should be nailed about 12 to 16 inches at the center.
Remember that the guidelines and tips above are only intended to provide the homeowners with ideas on what the general installation guidelines should be like in terms of the Lowes vinyl siding installation. It is best to check the local building codes for additional requirements on the preparation of the wall and the vinyl siding installation.
Better yet, get in touch with a professional siding installer right away. They are equipped with the knowledge about siding installation in your local area and they are aware of the codes and standards that govern this kind of home improvement project.
Why Choose Lowes?
As you search for vinyl siding options in the market, you will find that there are several different brands and models that you can choose from. But of all the options, it is the Lowes vinyl siding that is often the most popular of all. So you might wonder why a lot of people would choose this brand out of the various brands of vinyl siding available.
This is because Lowes is known for providing the best quality of products and services. As a company, Lowes is committed to pursuing operational excellence in their goal to exceed the customer’s expectations. Thus, if you choose products from Lowes, you can be rest assured that you are getting products to the best of your satisfaction. With their high level of service and professionalism, you can surely get your money’s worth if you choose to invest on Lowes vinyl siding.