More flooring articles
Floors should have sufficient support to prevent them from sagging. But, the foundation where the floor rests might not be the only reason why the floor is sagging. There can be different causes why your floor is not level. It is important to know what these causes are so that you can hire a repair service company that will be able to do proper repairs.
On this page:
Causes of Sagging FloorListed below are some of the most common reasons why floors sag. You can use these as a guide to help you with the hiring process of the floor repair service and the managing of your budget for the repair.
- Issues on the foundation of the house.
- Improper building of the foundation and framing of the house.
- Problems with the subfloor.
- Deteriorating joists or posts.
- Flooring is past its lifespan.