Missouri Contractor Licenses

The state of Missouri doesn’t license construction contractors. For a list of Asbestos contractors, click http://www.dnr.mo.gov/env/apcp/Asbestos.htm.

Asbestos Abatement Contractor

To bid on asbestos abatement projects you must be registered. Contact:

Missouri Department of Natural Resources
Air Pollution Control Panel
P.O. Box 176
Jefferson City, MO 65102
(800) 361-4827
Fax: (573) 751-2706

The department also certifies asbestos workers, inspectors, project managers, project designers, air sampling professionals and supervisors. You will have to pass an exam given by the Department.

Asbestos abatement contractor fees: It will cost $1,000 to register. The exam will cost $25. The worker certification is $25. Inspector, project manager, project designer, air sampling professional and supervisor certifications will cost $75.

Department of Transportation (DOT)

To bid on Missouri Department of Transportation projects costing less than $2,000,000, you need to fill in the Contractor Questionnaire form from the Department. If you want to bid on projects costing $2,000,000 or more, you need to fill in the Prequalification Contractor Questionnaire form. To get these forms, contact:

Missouri Department of Transportation
105 West Capitol Avenue
P.O. Box 270
Jefferson City, MO 65102
(573) 751-2551
Fax: (573) 751-6555

Some of the things the Contractor Questionnaire form will ask you are:

  • who the officers of your company are
  • what construction equipment you own
  • what your work experience is
  • what work you’ve completed in the last three years
  • what the financial condition of your company is

The Prequalification Contractor Questionnaire form will also ask you what classes of work you want to be prequalified in. Here are the classes of work the Department uses:

Bituminous pavement
Bridges, culverts, etc.
Portland cement concrete pavement

You’ll also be asked to designate a Missouri resident who will be your agent for receipt of legal process. Prequalification is good for up to 24 months.

Out-of-State Corporations

You must register with the Missouri Secretary of State and get a Certificate of Good Standing to do business in the state. To get an application contact:

Business Services
P.O. Box 778
Jefferson City, MO 65102
(573) 751-4153
Fax: (573) 751-5841

Find an error? Please e-mail the Web Master