42 Proven Ways On How To Sell Your House Fast
Selling your home is one of the most stressful and complicated things that you can do as a home owner. Getting your home sold is often confusing, and frustrating and if done wrong can take months to accomplish. Selling your home fast is often your primary goal. You don’t want to get stuck with a home on the market that just won’t sell.
These 42 tips and tricks can get your home off the market in record time. Don’t get stuck watching your home linger on the market, costing you money each month. The tips and tricks below have been gathered from across the internet to give you all the information that you need in order to get your home sold fast.
Want to use this infographic in a blog post on your site?
You may be eligible to receive a 500 word article to post along with it. Simply contact us to hear if you qualify.
This infographic can be used free of charge as long as you include a working link back to this page.
- Curb appeal draws them in, be sure your home looks appealing as they drive up.
- The first impression is the only impression that matters, a buyer’s first 60 seconds a buyer is in your home can often make or break the sale.
- Play the market, price below comparable homes in your neighborhood and try to price your home 10-15% lower than your appraised value.
- Get rid of the clutter, put 1/3 of your belongings out of the way in storage.
- Keep the home well lit, don’t have any dark corners.
- You’re Realtor® is a trained professional that is able to help you navigate the markets. Make sure to bring up any questions you have so they can ensure you get the best service possible.
- Pets are often a problem for a home, buyers shouldn’t know you have a pet.
- Keep the makeovers minimal and don’t renovate whole rooms just before sale.
- Take out all of the personalized touches that you love and buyers may not.
- The Kitchen is your selling point, make sure it sells your home.
- Staging your home can sell it faster than most other things you try.
- Be flexible and allow your buyers the chance to see your home when it is convenient for them.
- List your home everywhere you can think of, from Facebook to Craigslist.
- Take high quality photos for your ads to ensure buyers can see what you see, but avoid photos of problem spots that the buyer may not like.
- Sell the whole neighborhood not just your home, highlight nearby points of interest.
- Offer video tour walkthroughs of your home for sellers outside of your local areas.
- Use YouTube to make your home sell fast by putting a video walkthrough up.
- Getting a home inspection before you offer the home can ease buyer’s worries.
- Repair everything on the home inspection list before putting the home on the market.
- Ensure the condition of your home is a selling point, this can help you compete against foreclosures and short sales.
- Stage the outside spaces, including your shed and garage in your efforts makes a big difference in the appeal of your home.
- You are not smarter than your agent, listen to their advice.
- Even though your Realtor® is listing your home in multiple places, never forget you can do some footwork yourself and help them out by actively promoting your own home.
- Sweeten the deal by covering closing costs if it is allowed.
- Buy a warranty and include it in the offer.
- Be prepared for, and offer, a quick close.
- Landscape your home to ensure it looks inviting on all sides.
- Don’t seem desperate to sell the house.
- Ask friends and family for honest opinion of the property, and address anything they bring up.
- Ensure your home is the cleanest it has ever been.
- Make sure your home smells inviting, no musty odors, stale smoke smell, or pet odors.
- Encourage competition among buyers if you have the chance.
- Let go of your emotions and look at offers objectively.
- If you aren’t going to pay for staging, try to sell your home while you still live in it so it doesn’t look empty.
- Avoid deadlines which can turn off buyers from putting in an offer.
- Sell your home in the right season, March is just before the spring rush and your home may stand out more.
- When writing your ad don’t use the word “unique”, homes with this in the description can sell for 30 to 50 percent less
- It’s alright to be wordy in your descriptions. Your ad should be around 250 words and include the highlights of your home.
- Set a date to drop the price before you begin the process, this avoids you stubbornly clinging to your original price.
- Repaint as much as possible, it’s a cheap way to make the house seem fresh.
- Have the carpets cleaned professionally before putting your home on the market.
- Be prepared to make changes in response to offers, stay flexible to buyer requests.
When you’re in a hurry, we hope these 42 tips helped you with the question of how to sell your house fast.